Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Bake-a-Thon and my first pie

Happy Monday everyone!

I hope that your weekend was as relaxing and as enjoyable as ours!  This weekend we had the rare occurrence of absolutely nothing going on.  I decided to use that time to bake to my little hearts content, and Adam of course supported this decision!  I am an addict of the website Pinterest (seriously it's a problem... but in a good way...) and had been pinning all of these delicious recipes that I just hadn't had the time to try out yet.  All of them were clean eats, and those that weren't were easily adjusted to be clean.  It was fabulous! I made muffins and cookies and vegetable chips (that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, but I learned how to fix it), and candy.  I also tackled my very first pie entirely from scratch.  I was a little intimidated at first because pies are one of those desserts that you can make really well or just completely destroy.  But once I got going and my dough expert, Adam, helped me out a bit, I really liked making that pie.  And it turned out delicious!  This weekend was a little bit like therapy, making all those goodies and knowing they are actually healthy and won't make me feel ashamed to eat 1 or 2 cookies, really puts me in a good mood.  Weird? Maybe, but I have never claimed to be normal anyway!  I promise soon to add a page with all the recipes that I try out and my reviews/revisions of those meals.  That way you guys can start building up your own clean cookbook and enjoy all the delicious food just like me!  Talk to you soon!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment