Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One small step...

I know that so far this blog is not that exciting. There is one post and an about us section. Wooo hooo.... I am still in the process of getting this whole blog together and I promise that once that happens this will be a much more exciting place.  I just wanted to share a positive experience that happened on Sunday.  With out making this post a huge novel, I will just say that ever since Adam and I have switched to clean eating we have had a few frustrating situations with both of our families.  We haven't always had their full support because there have been big changes in our lives and they were worried that we were making some bad choices.  That being said, all their worries and opinions were out of love and wanting to make sure we were taking care of ourselves.  But it still did cause some hurt and frustration on our part.  Well, Sunday was Easter and we were spending the day with my family.  It being a holiday, of course there was to be quite the feast and that generally means a lot of food that we no longer eat.  But to my shock my mother asked me a few days ahead about how to "clean" up her recipes so that we could all enjoy dinner together.  It was a really great moment for me because I felt that my family was accepting my healthy lifestyle just a little bit more.  And Easter dinner was fabulous! We were able to eat almost everything that was put on the table and I think that my family really enjoyed the food even if it was prepared a little different than normal.  It is moments like this that make me really happy that we have chosen to really take care of ourselves and possibly help others do that as well.  As this blog continues, I will be letting you all into my health journey so that you can fully understand where I am coming from and why what seems like an insignificant moment of eating a holiday dinner with my family really means so much to me!  I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment