Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Weekends

Hello all! I hope that each and every one of you had as great a weekend as Adam and I did.  We had absolutely no obligations these past two days and it was great to just spend time together and not worry about getting one place or rushing to get something done.  It was also a great opportunity for us to get into the kitchen and make some really great summer dishes (of course all clean).  Saturday we had a little picnic and I made a chicken salad from leftover crock pot chicken.  I decided that there should be a rule that you can not make chicken salad using any chicken other than leftover chicken from some other meal because this one was that good!  That evening, Adam took over my kitchen (quite the miracle if you knew how protective I am of my kitchen...) and made a delicious gazpacho from Angela over at ohsheglows.com.  We added a side of sauteed zucchini and cantaloupe and it was a great summer dinner.  Sunday dinner was garlic tuna quinoa cakes, corn from our local farmer's market and more cantaloupe.  Yet another light and refreshing dinner.  I hope I am not making you guys too hungry, cause my stomach is starting to rumble!  It's weekends like this that prove it is possible to eat deliciously AND healthy.  Now that my recipe page is up and (sort of) running I will be able to give you guys some starting places to start making your own healthy meals.  That is one of the biggest joys and hurdles of eating clean.  You HAVE to make a commitment to prepare pretty much all of your meals.  Yes, that can be a daunting task, but it is also very rewarding.  And you don't have to be a world class chef to create meals that taste good and will fuel your body with the proper nutrition.  Believe me, I have really started to enjoy my time in the kitchen and the love and work that goes into making a great meal for me and the ones I love.  Hopefully you can get to that point too and then you will really start to reap the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle.  And as always, we're happy to help and give our advice on what has worked best for us.  I hope that your week is fantastic and you get the chance to enjoy the 4th! Until next time!

Katie


Reader Feedback:  What is your biggest hurdle to making/cooking your own meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment